Advertisement

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Two Weekend Garden Projects

I worked on two garden-related projects last night and today.  First, I built a raised garden box to replace my rotted out box.  I spent $57 on six 2" x 8" x 8 foot boards at Home Depot and took them to the Milwaukee Makerspace for assembly.  I cut two of the boards in half to make the four foot sides.  Then, I connected the boards in pairs, one on top of the other, with 2" x 4" scrap that I found at the 'space.

This morning, the kids and I connected the sides into a 4' x 8' rectangle, and replaced the old rotted out box with the new one.  It was a pretty simple project.

Next, I built two compost bins from wooden pallets.  I got the pallets last fall from a local business that was throwing them away.  Tim and I connected them with smaller pieces of wood and some screws.  The front pallets will be attached to the other pieces with old electrical wire.  That way, they can be easily removed so the compost can be turned.


Overall, it was a good day.



No comments:

Post a Comment