Advertisement

Saturday, June 7, 2014

Printed a Raspberry Pi Platform

I was at the Milwaukee Makerspace last night and tried 3D printing a platform for my Raspberry pi.  This is probably the tenth time I have tried to print a platform for the Pi.  In previous attempts, either the filament would not stick to the surface, or the print would curl up, or the filament would get stuck on the roll.  This time, it finally worked.  I printed the platform on the Makerbot Replicator.  It took over three hours but I had no problems at all.  Joe B. was also at the 'space.  He printed the same thingy on the new Lulzbot Taz 3D printer.  I left before that print was done but it also had no problems.

I got the design for the platform off of Thingiverse.  The left side holds the raspberry pi.  The right side would hold a small breadboard.  It would be nice if there was a design that only had the left side for the rapsberry pi.

Below is my raspberry pi in the platform.  It snapped in and will stay in place if the platform is mounted vertically.  I think it will be a nice way to keep the pi from moving while working on projects.



No comments:

Post a Comment