Advertisement

Friday, January 1, 2016

Electric Toothbrush Storage

I have an electronic toothbrush.  There is no good way to store it.  The toothbrush is too big to fit in a normal toothbrush holder.  Having the toothbrush standup on the sink is not good because the water builds up on the bottom and creates slime.

I saw an article in a Family Handyman magazine about how to store an electronic toothbrush on a wall using a strip of metal and a magnet.  The article mentioned connecting a strip of metal to a wall, then using a neodymium magnet to attach to the metal.   The toothbrush simply clings to the magnet because it has metal in it.

I happen to have a bunch of neodymium magnets from computer hard drives in my stash of junk.  Those magnets are very strong and are attached to pieces of metal that have built-in mounting holes.  I attached one of those magnets to the wall in my bathroom using drywall screws.

One added benefit is that the magnet appears to charge the battery in the toothbrush.



No comments:

Post a Comment