Advertisement

Friday, September 5, 2014

Tried Soldering the USB Connector to the PCDuino

I did not post this right away but about two weeks ago, I attempted to re-attach the USB port to the pcDuino that I am working on.  The USB port got disconnected soon after I started working with the pcDuino.  The design of the board is such that a USB cable does not fit correctly when an HDMI cable is plugged in.  The first picture below shows the USB port separated from the board.


The picture below is me trying to solder the USB port back onto the board.  I used a microscope at the Milwaukee Makerspace to see the work since the connections were so small.  I tried to take my time to do it right.  The USB port was solidly connected to the board when I was done and it looked like a decent job but the board still does not power up when I plug a USB cable into it.


No comments:

Post a Comment