Advertisement

Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Power Switch Tail Works

I went to the Makerspace tonight and spent some time working on the power switch tail. Kevin and Dennis helped me troubleshoot the problems. I resoldered all the connections and did some testing. The root cause of the problem was that I had the power connected to the wrong side. Plugged the power in to the side labeled "line" and it worked.

I love the Makerspace. Thanks everyone for helping a noob!

One thing is that the power switch tail still puts out 104 volts even after the raspberry pi shuts off the power. Not sure why. I emailed the company to find out. [Update: Once the power switch tail is plugged in to a load, the output drops to zero when the switch is off.  It works exactly as described.]

No comments:

Post a Comment