Advertisement

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Soldered a breakout box

This week, I bought some soldering tools and supplies for small electronics soldering. In the picture below you can see my new Weller soldering iron. I also got a roll of .022" solder. It's very small and works better with small parts. I purchased a small container of flux and a set of soldering tools. Finally, I bought a small pliers. I should be set for electronic projects now.

For my first project with my new soldering iron, I wired up my pi Cobbler board. See the picture below. First, I attached the ribbon connector to the board. Then, I soldered 13 pins on each side of the board so it can attach to my breadboard. Finally, I wired up a simple circuit to light a diode and connected the pi for power. It worked.

Next, I need to work on the power tail switch.

No comments:

Post a Comment