Advertisement

Friday, May 17, 2013

2nd Milwaukee Makers Meeting

I attended my 2nd meeting at the Milwaukee Makerspace at 2555 S. Lenox St. in Milwaukee.  I wanted to get some direction / advice to build a simple rocket launcher.

On the one hand, it was a bit disappointing.  There were only a couple of people there working on electronics projects.  The guy working on the raspberry pi project did not show up at all.  So, I did not get any help or advice for my rocket launcher.  I spent about three hours trying to duplicate the circuit on my breadboard but since I have no idea what I am doing, I made little headway.

On the other hand, there were some interesting people there and I did enjoy the conversations.  I showed one guy my raspberry pi and we talked about possible ways to use it.

I will go back on Tuesday and a few more times.  Maybe there will be different people there and one of them will be willing to give me some basic advice.  In the meantime, I found a basic electronics course on instructables that I will take.  I also need to get more electronics supplies like male to female jumper cables so I can plan around more with basic circuits.  Finally, I need to figure out how to make basic circuit boards.

Anyone with electronics knowledge looking for a challenge?  I need a mentor...

No comments:

Post a Comment