Advertisement

Sunday, May 19, 2013

RaspBMC

I forgot to mention in Friday's post that I installed RaspBMC on an SDC card for the Raspberry pi. You have to download a specific distribution just for RaspBMC then install that on an SDC card. That part is super-easy. Just plug in the SD card, boot the pi, sit back, and watch RaspBMC install and upgrade itself.

The downside is that RaspBMC is basically a fancy media player.
* you can play movies if you have ripped them to a hard drive already
* you can play music that you have on the pi or your home network
* you can watch TV if you attach a tuner to the pi
* you can use it to view pictures YAWN
* no Netflix
* no Hulu

Since I don't have a media storage device on my network, I can not make much use of RaspBMC right now. I'll have to play with it more to see what I can do with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment