Advertisement

Friday, December 13, 2013

Printed Prototype Wobbly Chess Piece

I would like to print the wobbly chess set I found on Thingiverse.  The author says it will take 60 hours to print everything so it will be a challenge.  I only have about four hours per week to print stuff on the Makerbot Replicator at the Milwaukee Makerspace.  At that rate, it would take almost four months to print everything.

Just for fun, I printed one piece and one square of the board.  If I wanted a permanent piece, I would use different colors for the top and bottom.

The piece has some trouble standing on its own.  I sanded the bottom a bit flatter and I can get it to stand by itself if I am careful.  However, the wobbly nature of the piece might make it annoying to play with.  Maybe I need more weight in the bottom than the nut I used.

No comments:

Post a Comment